Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cocoon

Have you ever felt you are a little caterpillar?  Your working so long, inching along every day.  Some days you get farther along your path than others.  Then there's the moment you find yourself wrapping yourself into a cocoon. You quiver as the wind blows as you are wrapped tight onto this lief and the rain comes down.  You feel so little and vulnerable, so you stay in that cocoon longer....waiting till you think it's safe to come out.  Waiting till you feel you have grown into that beautiful butterfly, with wings outstretched and ready to finally FLY....


I have realized I go into my cocoon every now and then.  It's times like this I am craving the time to myself, safety, and the time to sole search...quiet the noises of the world and really wrap myself up to both protect and grow into something more. Lately Ive gone into my cocoon again.  There is a degree of peacefulness and security I get when in this web of fabric. But I know I can't always stay here.  The world knows me more as a bubbly, happy, outgoing & social personality.  That is who I am, but every now and then it feels nourishing to my sole to pull back, and rebuild myself spiritually and emotionally a bit. I know I can't stay here too long, for it would not be good at a point.  I am not sure exactly when I will have my wings, but much like a beautiful butterfly, I know when I do decide to break out of my cocoon, I will be ready to spread my wings and FLY!!!!

Beautiful Heartbreak




1 comment:

  1. This is a really beautiful post. One that I really identify with. Sometimes you just have to take a step back, disconnect from the world and start to heal. Here is a verse to a song I think you will enjoy.

    You're a butterfly held captive
    Small and safe in your cocoon
    Go on you can take your time
    Time is said to heal all wounds
    ...
    It's not about your scars
    It's all about your heart

    ~All About Your Heart by Mindy Gledhill
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMadRqE9aGE&feature=related

    ReplyDelete